Wood is an interesting material to work with. The wood grain and color gives it character wherever you choose to use it, whether it be on furniture or your floorboards. With the right application and treatment, wood stain paint can make your wooden floors can be a conversation starter all on their own.
Tips on How to Choose Wood Stain Paint for Your Floor
Here are a few things to consider before making this huge decision:
- Know Your Wood: Check the type of wood your floor has. If it uses unique or exotic kinds of wood (maple, cherry, walnut, or mahogany, to name a select few), then it is probably best to leave these floors unstained. Most wood stain paints go after the look and effect of these kinds of wood patinas, so it would save you the extra effort from getting the look you are aiming for in the first place.
- Check for Damage: Look at your floors for signs of wear and tear. Floors with surface damage from water, or marks from children and pets of the space’s previous owners, can be easily solved with darker shades of wood stain paint. Definitely a less expensive option than replacing all your hardwood floors!
- Need Space: Think about what kind of atmosphere you want to create for your space. If you want your space to look bigger, consider pairing lighter wood stain paints to compliment light wall colors. For a cozier feel, dark wood stain paints would be a perfect match for warm-toned wall colors.
- Consider Your Interior: Choosing your wood stain paint depends on how you want your space to look. Consider the furniture you already have, or look at the furniture you want to purchase for your space. If your style is more rustic, lighter or mid-toned brown shades would better fit your furniture. If you are going for a modern, contemporary style, darker wood stain paint shades would better suit your space.
- Sample, Sample! : If you are having a hard time narrowing down your choices, it is best to get a piece of wood that is the same kind as the ones used on your floors and painting on the wood. Place it on your floor and see how it would look with your walls and your furniture.
Using Natura Wood Stain Paint from Island Premium Paints enhances the colors of raw and unfinished wood, highlighting the natural grains of the wood. Give your wooden floors character with wood stain paints from Island Premium Paints.