Your home’s living room is also called the family room because this is the place where you and your family spend most of your time. The living room is also your main entertaining space when you have guests, so it’s important to keep it clean regularly.
Because the living room is the family’s common area, it is often the most chaotic and cluttered. How often have you walked in the living room only to stumble over your child’s toy, or feel stressed just by looking at the mess in front of you?
Keeping your living room clean and tidy is easy once you have a system set up. Once you do it regularly, you’ll have a clean living room that feels relaxing to be in.
Here are some tips for a clean and clutter-free living room:
- Gather your cleaning supplies. Having your supplies together saves you a lot of time because you don’t have to go back and forth looking for cleaning items. Your cleaning kit can include cleaning cloths, your vacuum cleaner, broom, dust pan, bleach, etc.
- Find everything that doesn’t belong in the room and get them out. Get a spare laundry basket or an empty box to gather all the items that are not supposed to be in the living room.
- Put everything in its proper place. Put your books back in the shelf, the toys in the toy box, and so on. Start in one area first, then work your way around the living room.
- Gather your old magazines and newspapers. Stack them in one area, like the coffee table. If you find that the pile is growing, maybe you can recycle the really old issues to get rid of clutter.
- Dust the surfaces. No need to reorganize your things; just dust visible surfaces for the meantime.
- Make the furniture look presentable. Take your vacuum cleaner or broom to clean under your furniture to get rid of dirt, crumbs, and hairs. Then straighten the seat covers and fix the throw pillows.