Home Decorating Tips
House Paint Design: Updating an Existing Design
Posted on October 24, 2019
Want to try a new house paint design and give your home a new look? Repaint with Island Premium Paints! Read on for our Para Sure tips for painting over an existing house design.
House Paint Design Tips
In the mood to DIY your house through a brand new paint design? Here are a few handy tips to get the job done!
- Prep the Work Area: Move away any outdoor furniture or appliance that can be on the way of paint splatters. If the walls you are going to paint on have electrical sockets, it is best to cover them with tape to avoid paint dripping into them.
- Scrape Off Old Paint: Make sure that your surface is as smooth as possible before applying new paint. Use a paint scraper to remove the peeling layers of paint from the walls you will be working on. This also helps the new paint to properly adhere to the surface.
- Fill in Wall Cracks and Holes: After removing the layer of peeling paint, filling in the cracks and holes on your walls also helps in giving the new paint you’re using a smoother and more even surface.
- Clean Walls: Sand down the surface you are going to paint and wipe the walls with a cloth and some soap water. Rinse off the walls with clean water, then wipe it down again to get rid of dirt and grease from the walls.
- Prime Surfaces: If you want to paint over your previous house paint design, it is best practice to use a primer first. This is particularly true if you want to cover up previously bright or dark-colored walls with a lighter shade. Use a couple of layers of primer paint to ensure that the old house paint design won’t show under the new paint you’re using.
- Paint and Let Dry: You’re finally ready to create your new house paint design! Give your walls at least two layers of paint for full coverage, and give the paint ample time to dry (preferably overnight).
Itching to paint your house with a new design or theme? Trust the only paint with a product satisfaction guarantee! Island Prima from Island Premium Paints is specially formulated for both interior and exterior applications. Made to provide high gloss and an excellent finish, Island Prima’s durable composition assures that your new house paint design can weather through Philippine weather conditions.
Island Premium Paints provides high quality paint that you can use for giving your home the makeover that you want to achieve. Check out our website for paint options that you can use for your house paint designs and more.
Our line of high quality paints and products will give your home or project the vibrancy it needs.
Ready to explore colorful possibiliies today? View our popular paint colo combination palettes for great color schemes and room design ideas for interior and exteriors.
Where to Buy
Get high-quality colors and finishes for your project from authorized Island paints dealers.