Before you can apply paint on a surface, you need to make sure that it’s clean, leveled and conditioned for the paint to adhere to. Cracks and dents will definitely show if left untreated before coating. And for such surface imperfections—especially industrial surfaces—epoxies can be of great help. Here’s a short guide and graphic for what you need to know.
What is Epoxy Resin
Epoxy resin is a type of resin that carries tough mechanical properties, good chemical resistance and high adhesive strength, making it useful for applications on:
- Metal coatings
- Electrical components
- Electrical insulators
- Fibre-reinforced plastic materials
- Structural adhesives
Epoxy resins may also be used in caulking and casting compounds, sealants, varnishes and paints, and other industrial applications.
Epoxy Resin vs. Other Resins
Epoxy stands superior to other types of resins such as thermoset, due to its natural properties such as:
- Low shrink during cure
- Excellent moisture
- Outstanding corrosion and chemical resistance
- Good electrical properties
- Increased mechanical and fatigue strength
- Impact resistant
- No VOCs
- Long shelf life
About Island Epoxseal
It is for this need to easily repair surface damages in all shapes and sizes that Island Paints came up with its very own epoxy solution: Island Epoxseal. An innovative range of polymer solutions, Island Epoxseal is a variety of two-component epoxies with each variant suited for different surfaces.
- Epoxseal All-purpose Epoxy L.V. repairs and seals off water intrusions on wood and concrete imperfections.
- Epoxseal All-purpose Epoxy H.V. is suited for unsond masonry, concrete cracks and filling gaps in sloping, vertical and horizontal surfaces.
- Epoxseal Enamel Epoxy is best for industrial and marine environments.
- Epoxseal Marine is an adhesive or putty for wood, fiber board and metals in marine environment.
A high performance, cost effective range of adhesives, Island Epoxseal is formulated to deliver durability, strong resistance against corrosion and chemicals which guarantees that your paint or repair project last long.
Need help on your paint project? Browse through our catalogue of paint and special coats!