Home Decorating Tips
6 Ways to Keep Safe When Renovating
Posted on June 27, 2014
Home improvement projects can be fun and exciting, but before you get started, you need to put safety at the top of your to-do list.
Whether it’s just a simple instalment or a full renovation, there are plenty of things that get overlooked during a home renovation. Unfortunately, these small things can make a big impact on the integrity of your project, not to mention the safety of your loved ones at home. So it’s best to keep these safety tips in mind to protect your family and your investment:
- Plan carefully. This involves, not just learning the step-by-step instructions, but also studying the feasibility of the project in terms of your home and lifestyle. Involve an architect or an engineer in the planning, especially for major renovations.
- Secure necessary permits. For major projects, you want to check up on codes at your local building office to check if your plans pass inspection.
- Carefully read manufacturer’s instructions before using any tools, chemicals, or electrical equipment. If in doubt, it’s better to seek the help of a professional than to assume.
- Prepare your basic safety equipment. Aside from the equipment and tools you need for the actual project, you will also need safety equipment, especially if you’re doing the project yourself. These basics include safety glasses, head protection, work gloves, respirators, hearing protection, and protective clothing. It’s also best to prepare a first aid kit beforehand.
- Check your wires properly. If you’re working on a project that involves electricity, seek the help of a qualified electrician to ensure the wiring is up to the building code standards.
- Keep children and pets away from the work area. This is the same for pregnant or nursing women as well. Anyone who is not doing any work should not be in the work area.
Our line of high quality paints and products will give your home or project the vibrancy it needs.
Ready to explore colorful possibiliies today? View our popular paint colo combination palettes for great color schemes and room design ideas for interior and exteriors.
Where to Buy
Get high-quality colors and finishes for your project from authorized Island paints dealers.