Home Decorating Tips
How to Paint Interiors in Rainy Weather
Posted on June 27, 2014
It’s always ideal to do your painting projects on a clear day, but the weather is not always on your side. Fortunately, painting indoors is not impossible during the rainy season.
Of course, paints react differently to different conditions. In this case, the paint will take longer to dry because it’s humid. But if you don’t have the luxury of waiting for clear weather, you just need to adjust your painting strategy so you can get optimal results.
Here is a helpful guide on how to paint the interior of your house during the rainy season:
- If it’s not raining too hard, open all the doors and windows as wide as you can without the water coming in. This is to make sure that you have a strong flow of air going through your house.
- Choose the right paint. In this case, you won’t be able to paint with oils, so you’ll have to go with latex primer and paint. When you purchase latex paint, check the cans for acceptable temperature and moisture conditions.
- Apply your latex primer. Use a paint roller to apply one coat and let it dry. Tip: leave the room while it dries, and be sure to keep children and pets away from the room.
- Check if the primer is dry. This should take around 3 hours. If it appears wet, give it two more hours to dry. If it’s dry, you can start painting.
- Apply the latex paint with a roller. Finish one wall before starting the other for a seamless look. Be sure to take breaks every hour, or depending on how sensitive you are to chemicals. The paint will take around 3 days to dry during the rainy weather. Keep doors and windows open while the paint dries. Keeping a fan on inside the room helps as well.
Our line of high quality paints and products will give your home or project the vibrancy it needs.
Ready to explore colorful possibiliies today? View our popular paint colo combination palettes for great color schemes and room design ideas for interior and exteriors.
Where to Buy
Get high-quality colors and finishes for your project from authorized Island paints dealers.